There are millions of individual sellers on taobao.com that sell many same or similar products. In this article, we would like to guide you through how to use certain elements to find the good sellers, and how to interpret different information on product page.
In order to recognize sellers with good reputation and performances, Taobao.com distinguishes them from millions of others by calling them the gold medal sellers. When you are buying from a gold medal seller, you are guaranteed to receive products true to descriptions with minimum delay in domestic shipping in China.
It is very easy to identify gold medal sellers either on individual store web pages, or on product search pages. Simply find the gold medal icon as in the screen shots below, all circled out in red.
Besides finding the gold medal seller, taobao.com usually presents a general description of sellers and their stores. In the below screen shot, you can find two different presentations of seller overview of same information. Please read descriptions under the screen shot to interpret the information.
a. The name of the store
b. The rating of the store (more details of rating system will be presented)
c. Nick name of the seller
d. Score of how product description is true to real product (out of a total of 5). The arrow next to the score indicates whether such score is higher (arrow points up) or lower (arrow points down) than the average in the same store category
e. Score of service quality (out of a total of 5). The arrow next to the score indicates whether such score is higher (arrow points up) or lower (arrow points down) than average in the same store category
f. Score of shipping services (out of a total of 5). The arrow next to the score indicates whether such score is higher (arrow points up) or lower (arrow points down) than average in the same store category
Taobao.com assigns points to sellers based on the amount and types of reviews that each seller receives for each successful transation. A positive review adds one point, a neutral review does not add any point, while a negative review deducts one point. The total score is indicated by different signs to reflect seller’s rating on Taobao.com. As shown in the screen shot below, 1 heart represents the lowest rating while 5 gold crowns represent the highest rating. The higher the rating is usually means the seller is more reliable in a way.
In the followings, we would like to help you interpret information on product page. The screen shots below are the product page of a woman’s dress, the highlighted sections in green numbered will be explained afterwards:
1. Item price (price range): 298 RMB – 328 RMB (once the size and color are chosen, the precise price will be displayed)
2. Available shipping in China and shipping costs
3. Size selection (Available sizes)
4. Color selection (Available styles)
5. Quantity selection (1847 pieces available in stock)
6. This item has been added to favorite for 8793 times
Continue on screen shot:
7. Product descriptions: here you can find product specifications and photos provided by sellers
8. Customer review: this is a very useful section for reference during purchase as sometimes you can find authentic photos of products, or detailed text reviews (you could use translators to translate the reviews from Chinese to desired languages)
9. Under the customer review section, reviews are classified into several categories: all reviews(全部), photo reviews (图片), added reviews (追评), positive reviews (好评), neutral reviews (中评), negative reviews (差评).
We hope everything above is helpful in making your shopping experiences simple, easy, and pleasant! Feel free to let us know what you think or if you would like extra information on our Facebook page!
Recommended reading What is the difference between Taobao and Tmall?